SEGMENT 3 – FACT SHEET
Click here to enlarge Segment 3 Map
- Acquire and rehabilitate approximately three miles of existing track between Crab Creek and the GCIA to current standards to restore rail service to the Port and GCIA and to connect Segments 1 and 2;
- Improve two at-grade crossings;
- The rail line presently terminates just south of the Port/GCIA and is owned by the Columbia Basin Railroad Company (CBRW);
Estimated Schedule/Timeline for Segment 3
- 2017 – Obtain right-of-entry from the Columbia Basin Railroad (CBRR) for pre-design analysis of existing track. Performed site assessment for analysis of upgrades that will be needed to bring alignment up to current standards for rehabilitated track.
- 2018 – Preliminary review of WUTC requirements and current infrastructure review for at-grade crossings.
- 2019 – Prepare and submit permit applications as needed.
- 2020 – Receive permits if applicable; pre-construction planning; prepare construction bid package; select contractor.
- 2021-2022 – Rehabilitate Segment 3.
Current Status of Segment 3
The team has completed pre-design and initial design work on rehabilitation of the existing track. Additional work with the WUTC and local agencies is anticipated regarding at-grade rail crossing improvements.
Jeannie Beckett, The Beckett Group 1-253-905-8904 email@example.com